London Super Comic Con (LSCC) supports all those who wish cosplay at LSCC 2017. Children & adults are welcome to attend in any costume, showcasing their love for their favourite fictional characters. All characters are welcome, so whether you want to be a member of the Avengers, a Jedi warrior from Star Wars, a COG soldier from Gears of War or Superman from DC Comics then you'll be in great company.
You may attend the convention wearing any costume you choose but please bear in mind the following:
- To enter the show floor, you must have a valid LSCC 2017 ticket.
- You do not have to enter the Cosplay Competition to attend LSCC in cosplay.
- All costumed attendees must adhere to the Costuming & Prop Rules in addition to the standard convention rules and our general Weapons and Harassment policies. If you have any queries or are unsure on any rules listed please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HAVE FUN!
- Costumes should provide enough body coverage to be worn in public and should be in good taste and appropriate for a family-friendly convention.
- The maximum height, width or depth of a costume should be less than two metres. This excludes any parts (e.g. wings) that can collapse to a smaller size and is kept collapsed when traversing through the convention floor.
- If you think your costume will exceed this, please contact us so we can review the circumstances and check that it is safe for both you and those around you to wear within the convention.
- Costumes should not have any parts that could cause an injury to other attendees of the convention.
- If the costume is made of hard materials please ensure that edges are rounded off and/or padded appropriately.
Any item that is banned or subject to any restrictions from being carried AND/OR sold in this country should not be brought to LSCC by any attendees.
London Super Comic Convention reserve the right to withdraw access to their event and cancel the tickets, without refund, to anyone deemed to be breaking these rules.
- Fully functional firearms and replica guns (including air soft guns, BB Guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns) are forbidden without a brightly coloured safety tip. Any ammunition for these firearms is forbidden. This includes all projectile weapons such as bows and crossbows as well.
- All metal weapons including, knives, daggers, swords, clubs, batons, and axes regardless of whether they are sharp or blunt are forbidden.
- All Weapons and props must have rounded or blunt edges and/or padded ends and must be incapable of causing harm.
- Pyrotechnics, explosives, lasers and chemical weapons are forbidden.
- Outside of the convention hall attendees must conceal their props or weapons in covered cases or bags.
All Props must adhere to the standard convention rules and our general Weapons Policy
LSCC reserve the right to withdraw access to their event and cancel the tickets, without refund, to anyone deemed to be breaking these rules.
Image Copyright: London Super Comic Convention and its associates may wish to use photos or videos of attendees for promotional purposes. By attending in costume you agree that London Super Comic Convention and all associates may freely use your image in any promotional footage or photos taken during the event.
Introducing the all new London Super Cosplay Competition! A fun, all-inclusive event designed to showcase all cosplayers attending LSCC 2017!
The Competition will take place Saturday 26th August at 16:30 in the main Auditorium.
Want to take part and showcase your cosplay on our main stage? Then please follow the procedure set out below:
- Registration will be on site only.
- To register you must go to the LSCC Info Desk, located to the right of Cosplay Corner, on the day of the competition, and fill out the supplied form.
- Registration will open at 11.00 and close at 15.30, or when all participation slots have been filled.
- There are a limited number of slots, given the time constraints of the show, so we recommend that you enter early to avoid disappointment!
- Upon signing up if you wish to withdraw please let a member of the London Super Comic Con team, at the Info Desk, know before 16.00.
- The competition is open to everyone attending London Super Comic Con. All ages are welcome, but if you are under 16 a parent or guardian must sign your entry form.
- You may enter as an individual or as a group, although groups must be limited to 4 participants.
- Please note that the competition is walk-on only and individual music will not be provided or played (a generic soundtrack will be played while all participants are on stage).
- Costumes from original designs, fan art and other variations are welcome.
- Purchased costumes and those made by friends/family are eligible to enter, however this must be noted on your application form.
- Costumes must be at least 75% made by you, your friends or your family to be eligible for a prize (over 16 only). Please give a percentage estimate when completing your form.
- Each contestant will need to appear on stage to display their costume.
- Pyrotechnics, Sharp Objects, Firepower (including but not limited to water pistols, confetti cannons and BB/foam ammo guns), Strobe Lighting, Laser Beams or any form of materials considered dangerous according to Health and Safety regulations will not be allowed in the competition. Please makes sure your costume adheres to LSCC weapons and props policy set out above.
- LSCC reserve the right to refuse any costumes or props which may be considered offensive, hazardous or inappropriate for the family audience of the event
- Two prizes will be given: Best Individual/Group cosplay and Best Under 16(s) Cosplay.